About Scott Newhouse, CFP®
As a college student, I thought my finances were on solid footing. Sure, I used a credit card. But I always paid. Every month, without fail. So what was my error? I was only paying the minimum payment (insert your best Homer Simpson DOH!). I still remember driving back to school, completely dumbfounded, after my dad gently corrected my error.
I thought I was nailing it. How could I have been so wrong?
I never looked at personal finances the same again. It launched my interest in learning everything I could about personal finances, driving me to where I am today, dedicated to helping clients confidently make the best financial choices.
I show up every day ready to create clarity and build your future.
Beyond the numbers
I enjoy taking on the adventure of lifestyle challenges. I’ve taken vows of poverty, I’ve lived on $7K/year to volunteer for Habitat for Humanity, and spent months camping and traveling the country.
I won’t make you do that, I promise. But for me, the challenge of living free from “things” helps me focus. It helps me put spend my money in line with my values.
I enjoy hiking and reading. My friends and I have a presidential biography book club, we’re up to Andrew Jackson, with James Madison: A Biography coming in as my favorite one so far. If you’re looking for a good read, you could also try American Sphinx by Joseph Ellis about the life of Thomas Jefferson.
- University of Southern California | BA, Political Science
- Princeton Theological Seminary | MA, Divinity
- University of Georgia | Certified Financial Planner™
- Forthright Finances | Owner and Financial Planner
- Cal State University, Northridge | Adjunct Professor
- Diamond Wealth Management | Financial Advisor
- Edward Jones | Financial Advisor
- InsiderScore, LLC | Data/Financial Analyst & Project Manager
- After School Tutor | Thousand Oaks Schools
- Habitat for Humanity, Charlotte | Construction Leader
- Oasis Center | Volunteer Case Manager to Homeless Youth
Feel confident and clear about your financial future.
You choose some phases of life.
Others choose you.
As you step into a new phase it’s normal to feel one (or all) of these:
Forthright Finances Cuts through the clutter to find the big picture.
Asking the right questions helps us find the best answers:
- What drives you?
- What motivates you?
- What excites you to keep going forward?
- What are your immediate needs?
- What are your long term goals?
- What will make the biggest impact?
How to Work With Forthright
Three simples steps are all it takes to get started.
Get to Know You Call
Executive Summary Plan
Ongoing Support & Accountability
The One-Page Challenge
Clarity is the key. Simple steps forward will keep you on track, securing your financial future.
With every Forthright Finances plan, you’ll get an executive summary. Your entire financial future on one easy-to-digest piece of paper.
Your financial future should be comprehensive without being complicated.
Your Forthright Finances Executive Summary is designed to promote your success. When you know and understand your plan you can apply the action steps and system to your monthly and daily financial decisions.